Update as of September 3, 2015: The conference excursion has sold out. Our apologies to anyone who does not already have tickets!
This year conference attendees will have the opportunity to participate in an excursion immediately after the chairs’ workshop and prior to the start of the conference.
The Chicago Highlights Tour will allow participants to see historic landmarks, the hottest attractions, and classic movie locations aboard a Chicago trolley or double-decker bus. This entertaining and informative two-hour tour includes:
- Millennium Park: Cloud Gate (The Bean), the Park Shop
- Michigan Avenue Bridge: Trump Tower, Wrigley Building, boat tours
- Block Thirty Seven: State Street shopping, Picasso, Garrett Popcorn Shop, Chicago Theatre, Macy’s
- Art Institute: Grant Park, Millennium Park, Orchestra Hall
- Hilton Towers and Hotel: Buckingham Fountain
- Field Museum of Natural History: Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Soldier Field
- Sheraton Chicago: NBC Tower, AMC Theater, Riverwalk
- Navy Pier: Shopping, dining, boat tours, family attractions, and more
- The Magnificent Mile: Wrigley Building, Tribune Tower, Nordstrom’s, Apple Store, Nike Town
- Hancock Center: Hancock Observatory and Signature Room, Bloomingdale’s, Cheesecake Factory, Oak Street shopping
- Water Tower: American Girl Place, Water Tower Place shopping, Chicago Visitor Center, Lookingglass Theatre, Mag Mile shopping
- River North: Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Ed Debevic’s, Portillo’s, Retro McDonald’s, Pizzeria Uno
- Willis (formerly Sears) Tower: The Skydeck, Board of Trade, Union Station
The tour is an excellent way to orient yourself in downtown Chicago and plan your activities for the remainder of the evenings.
The tour will take place on Wednesday, September 30th at 6:30 pm, and the $30 charge includes beer, wine, soda, water, and snacks. The registration system allows you to select as many tickets as you wish for the tour so that people accompanying you to Chicago can join in the fun.